An oreo cookie crust with a mascarpone whipped cream filling, and topped with a salted dark chocolate ganache.
- 2 cups Oreo cookie crumbs
- 6 tbsp melted unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup cold whipping cream
- 275 grams softened mascarpone cheese (or 250 grams of cream cheese)**
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 8 oz dark chocolate chips (or semi-sweet)
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1–2 tsp sea salt flakes
- Mix the cookie crumbs with the melted butter and press onto the bottom and sides of a 9″ tart pan. Chill in freezer.
- Using a handheld mixer, whip the whipping cream till soft peaks form, set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whip together the mascarpone, sugar and vanilla until incorporated. Add the whipped cream to the mixture and blend untill smooth. Pour over the chilled crust. Place back in freezer for at least 1 hour.
- To make the ganache, place the whipping cream in a small saucepan. Constantly stirring, bring to a simmer over medium heat. Pour over chocolate chips and whisk until smooth. Let cool to touch and pour over frozen tart and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until ready to serve.
Since US mascarpone is sold in less grams than the recipe calls for, simply add about 3 tbsp cream cheese or unsalted butter to maintain the volume and thickness of the filling. (Thank you Melany for this great tip)
- Category: dessert
- Method: no-bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chocolate mascarpone tart recipe, no-bake cream tart, oreo cookie crust, mascarpone cream filling, chocolate ganache recipe