These no-bake cookies are sweet and chewy and made without peanut butter. They taste like an oatmeal cookie and coconut macaroon combined into one delicious treat.
- 1 3/4 cups (350g) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (114g) salted butter
- 1/2 cup (75ml) milk
- 1/4 cup (20g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups (180g) quick rolled oats*
- 1 cup (115g) unsweetened shredded coconut
- In a large saucepan, heat the butter, sugar and milk over med-high heat. Bring to a rolling boil and let it continue to boil for 1 minute exactly (set a timer!).
- Remove from heat and stir in the cocoa powder and vanilla until smooth.
- Add in the rolled oats and shredded coconut and stir until everything is coated.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto a baking sheet lined with wax paper. Leave rounded or flatten slightly with a small spatula to make it look more like a cookie.
- Let stand for 1 hour or pop in the fridge for 30 minutes for the cookies to set.
*Quick rolled oats are best for this recipe. You can use old-fashioned oats if thats all you have. Just note that the texture will be tougher. Do not use instant oats or steel-cut oats.
These cookies can be placed in an airtight container and stored at room temperature for up to a week or in the fridge for up to 3 weeks. You can also stack them in a freezer-friendly container with sheets of wax paper in between each layer and store them for up to 3 months.
- Category: dessert
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: no-bake cookies without peanut butter, no-bake cookies recipe, no-bake cookies with coconut