This classic cookie is loaded with raisins, walnuts, and chocolate chips. It has a hint of coffee flavor, and a whole lot of spice, all wrapped up in a soft and chewy cookie.
- 1/2 cup (114g) unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup (175g) packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp instant-coffee granules
- 1 1/2 cups (185g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 cup (80g) raisins
- 1/2 cup (65g) walnuts
- 1/2 cup (90g) chocolate chips (milk or semi-sweet)
For the glaze (optional)
- 1/2 cup (60g) powdered sugar
- 2–4 tsp milk
- Preheat oven to 375F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the butter, sugar, egg and coffee until fluffy.
- Add the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves, beating again until blended.
- Stir in the raisins, walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Using a medium cookie scoop or tablespoons, drop the cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheets 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or just until the edges are lightly browned.
- In a small bowl, whisk the milk into the powdered sugar, one teaspoon at a time until you reach a thick, but pourable consistency.
- Drizzle the glaze over top of completely cooled cookies.
- Category: dessert, snack
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: hermit cookie recipe, raisin chocolate chip cookies, walnut chocolate chip cookies