These zesty and sweet lime bars are to die for. They are bursting with a tangy lime taste and pack a punch of tequila flavor.
- 1&1/2 cups (175g) honey graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tbsp (90ml) melted butter
- 3 large eggs
- 1&1/2 cups (300g) sugar
- zest of 1 large lime
- 1/4 cup (63ml) lime juice (about 1 large lime)
- 1/4 cup (63ml) tequila (or another 1/4 cup of lime juice)
- 1/2 cup 63g) all-purpose flour
- powdered sugar for dusting if making non-alcoholic version
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Butter and line a 9×9″ baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, mix the honey graham cracker crumbs with the melted butter. Press onto the prepared baking pan. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar, zest, lime juice and tequila.
- Slowly add in the flour while whisking quickly to prevent lumps.
- Pour over hot crust and bake for another 20-25 minutes or until the center is set.
- Let cool to room temperature and chill in the fridge for 2 hours. Dust with powdered sugar if needed. Slice and serve.
Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- Category: dessert
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: lime bar recipe, margarita dessert bars, tequila and lime bars