This moist and flavorful banana bread is elevated with the addition of a delicious thick maple-walnut glaze.
- 2 cups (250g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (100g) granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp (8g) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2g) salt
- 1 cup (245g) ripe mashed bananas
- 1/2 cup (125ml) vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup (125ml) maple syrup
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp (5ml) vanilla extract
- 1 cup (125g) chopped walnuts
- 1 cup (125g) powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp (30ml) maple syrup
- 1 tsp (5ml) maple extract
- 1–2 tbsp milk or cream
- 1/4 cup (30g) chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 325F and grease a 9×5″ loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, toss together the flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the mashed bananas, vegetable oil, maple syrup, eggs and vanilla.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix together until almost combined. Fold in the walnuts until just combined. Pour into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 hour 10 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool completely before glazing.
- To make the glaze; whisk together the powdered sugar, maple syrup and extract in a small bowl. Add just enough milk or cream to make the glaze smooth. Slowly pour over cooled bread. Sprinkle with walnut pieces. Let dry for a few minutes before slicing.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 1 hour 10 min
- Category: dessert, breakfast, snack
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: banana walnut bread recipe, maple walnut banana bread, maple glaze recipe