Maple Ginger Pear Pie
This delicious pear pie is made with fresh pears, sweetened with maple syrup, spiced with ginger, and wrapped up in a flaky pie crust.
- Author: Lily Ernst
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Yield: 8-10
- Category: dessert
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
- 1 homemade or store-bought double pie crust
- 8 cups (1kg) fresh pears, peeled and sliced 1/4″ thick (about 8–9 pears) *see notes below
- 1/3 cup (40g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup (188ml) maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 375F and position rack in lower third of oven.
- In a large bowl, toss together the sliced pears, flour, ginger and cinnamon. Pour in the maple syrup and gently toss again to coat. Spoon into a 9″ pie crust lined pie plate.
- Cut the second piece of pie crust into ten 1″ stripes and weave into a lattice. You can also just simply place the pie crust on top and cut a few slits for ventilation. Press and crimp the edges.
- Bake for 1 hour or until the crust is golden and filling is bubbling. Use a pie crust shield if needed to prevent the edges from overbrowning. Let cool for 1 hour before serving.
*Ripe, yet firm Bartlett or Anjou pears are best.
Keywords: pear pie recipe, ginger pear pie, maple pear pie