This is a creamy, delicious, vanilla bean cheesecake topped with a sweet blueberry sauce. It has only about half the calories of a traditional cheesecake, but all the great taste!
- 1&1/4 cup (145g) honey graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tbsp (45ml) melted butter
- 3 – 250g pkgs of low-fat cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup (150g) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (125ml) egg whites (about 5 large eggs)
- 3/4 cup (180g) low-fat sour cream
- 1 vanilla bean (or 2 tsp vanilla extract)
- 600g frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup (200g) granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 1 tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 325F
- Mix the cracker crumbs with the melted butter and press onto the bottom of a 9″ springform pan.
- Using an electric mixer, blend the cream cheese and sugar together. Add the egg whites, mix again. Then add the sour cream and vanilla bean seeds, blend until smooth.
- Pour over crust and bake for 50-55 minutes or until edges are dull and 2-3 inches of the centre is still looks wet.
- Run a thin knife along the edges and let cool completely at room temperature. Then refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hours or overnight.
- In a medium sauce pan over medium heat, simmer the frozen blueberries with the 1/4 cup of water until completely thawed. Stir in the sugar until dissolved.
- Mix the corn starch with the 1 tbsp of water and slowly add to the cooked blueberries. Reduce heat to low and stir until sauce starts to thicken. Remove from heat, let cool and chill in the refrigerator.
Remove the rim of the baking pan, slice and top with blueberry sauce before serving.
- Category: dessert
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vanilla bean cheesecake recipe, low fat cheesecake recipe, skinny cheesecake recipe, blueberry sauce recipe