This lovely lemon blueberry pound cake is rich and buttery. It’s loaded with fresh lemon flavor and plump blueberries.
- 1 & 1/2 cups (188g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup (170g) unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup (150g) granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease an 8×4″ loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, mixing well in between. Then beat in the sour cream, lemon zest, and vanilla extract.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir together until almost combined. Gently fold in the blueberries until just combined. Transfer the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool for 10 minutes, then invert onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
Leftovers can be tightly covered and stored at room temperature for up to 3 days.
To freeze – Cool completely and double wrap in saran wrap. Stored in the freezer for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight on the counter to bring to room temperature before serving.
Keywords: lemon blueberry pound cake recipe