Soft and moist lemon blueberry muffins packed with juicy blueberries and vibrant lemon flavor!
- 2 & 1/2 cups (315g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup (114g) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 & 1/4 cups (250g) granulated sugar, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup (188ml) milk
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups blueberries
- Preheat oven to 400F and line a 12 cup muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a large bowl; whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl; whisk together the oil and 1 cup of sugar. Then whisk in the eggs, milk, lemon zest, lemon juice, and vanilla.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, and gently stir using a rubber spatula until just combined. Fold in the blueberries.
- Divide the batter into the 12 muffin cups. Generously sprinkle the remaining sugar over the tops.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Leftovers can be placed in an airtight container and store at room temperature for up to 3 days or in the fridge for up to 5 days. Warm up the refrigerated muffins in the microwave for 15-30 seconds if desired.
To freeze – Skip the extra sugar on top before baking. Let the muffins cool completely and place them in a freezer-friendly container or ziplock bag. Store in the freezer for up to 2 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge. Generously sprinkle with sugar on top and reheat in the oven at 350F for 5-10 minutes until warmed up and crisp on top.
- Category: breakfast, snack
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: lemon blueberry muffin recipe, blueberry lemon muffins