This lemon blueberry cake is soft, moist, and buttery with a lovely lemon flavor. It’s filled with pockets full of jammy blueberries and topped with a luscious cream cheese frosting
- 1 cup (200g) granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon zest (about 1 lemon)
- 1/2 cup (114g) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups (250g) all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup (170ml) milk
- 2 cups blueberries
Cream cheese frosting:
- 4 oz (114g) cream cheese, softened
- 3 tbsp (43g) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 heaping cup powdered sugar, plus more if needed
- 1 tsp lemon juice, plus more if needed
- Preheat oven to 350F and generously grease a bundt pan.
- In a large bowl, mix the sugar and lemon zest together using a rubber spatula. Press the spatula down as you mix to extract the oils from the zest.
- Add the butter to the lemon-sugar mixture. Beat together until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla extract, and beat again until combined.
- In a separate bowl, toss together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Mix 1/3 of the flour mixture into the wet ingredients, followed by 1/2 of the milk. Repeat and finish with the remaining dry ingredients until just combined. Fold in the fresh blueberries.
- Spoon the batter evenly into the prepared bundt pan. Bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes then invert the cake onto a cooling rack and let cool completely.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and butter together until combined.
- Mix in the powdered sugar along with the lemon juice until smooth and creamy. Add more powdered sugar or lemon juice if needed to reach desired consistency.
- Spread on top of cooled cake. Decorate with fresh blueberries and lemon slices if desired.
Leftovers can be covered and stored in the fridge for up to 5 days.
*This lemon blueberry cake is best served at room temperature. So if you are making it in advance or storing away any leftovers in the fridge, bring to room temperature before serving.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Category: dessert
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: lemon blueberry cake recipe