These thick and chewy cookie bars are loaded with Halloween chocolates and hearty rolled oats. They are super easy to make and an excellent way to use up any leftover Halloween candy.
- 1 cup (227g) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup (200g) lightly packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup (100g) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups (190g) rolled oats
- 1½ cups (190g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 cups leftover Halloween candy, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 9×13″ pan with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the melted butter and sugars until combined. Then whisk in the eggs and vanilla.
- Add in the rolled oats, flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Stir until just combined.
- Fold in the chopped candy. Spoon the batter into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until it’s golden brown along the edges and the center is set.
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for 3-5 days.
- Category: dessert
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: leftover Halloween candy cookie bars