These soft and chewy cowboy cookies are packed with chocolate chips, rolled oats, pecans, coconut, and cinnamon. They are bursting with flavor and texture and are also quick and easy to make!
- 2 cups (250g) all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup (227g) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup (200g) granulated sugar
- 1 cup (200g) packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups (340g/12oz) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups (180g) quick rolled oats
- 1 1/3 cups (115g) unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 1/3 cups (150g) chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line 2-4 baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- In a medium bowl, toss together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, ground cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter for about 1 minute until smooth and creamy.
- Beat in the granulated and brown sugars until combined. Add in the eggs, one at a time, mixing in between and then lastly, beat in the vanilla extract.
- Stir in the flour mixture until just combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips, rolled oats, shredded coconut and chopped pecans.
- Using a medium or large cookie scoop, drop the cookie dough 2″ apart (for medium scoop) or 3″ apart (for large scoop) onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes for medium, 10-15 minutes for large or until edges are lighly browned. Let cookie cool for 5 minutes on baking sheets before transferring to cooling rack.
Leftover cookies in an airtight container and store at room temperature for up to a week.
To Freeze – Place cookies in an airtight freezer-safe container or ziplock bag, label and date, and store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Make-ahead options – Unbaked cookie dough can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to a month. It’s best to pre-scoop your cookie dough before refrigerating or freezing so you can bake only as many as you need. For the refrigerated cookie dough, let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes while your oven preheats and bake as instructed. For the freezer cookie dough, thaw overnight in the fridge, let stand for 15 minutes and bake as instructed.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: dessert
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cowboy cookie recipe, Laura Bush cowboy cookies, Texas cowboy cookies