Instant Pot Easy Rice Pudding
This classic rice pudding recipe is made with a touch of a button. The rice pudding is soft, creamy and sweet with a hint of vanilla and cinnamon.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4-6
- Category: dessert, breakfast
- Method: instant pot
- Cuisine: American
- 3 cups (750ml) whole milk
- 3/4 cup (140g) long grain rice (I used jasmine rice)
- 1/2 cup (100g) granulated sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup (250ml) canned coconut milk or table cream (plus more if needed)
- 1 tsp (5ml) vanilla extract
- Cinnamon for sprinkling if desired
- Rinse the rice in a fine mesh colander until the water runs clears.
- Place the rinsed rice, sugar and salt in the Instant Pot. Add the whole milk and stir everything together,
- Lock the lid and select the Porridge setting on High for 15 minutes.
- When the timer beeps, allow the pressure to release slowly for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, press the Cancel button and open vent. When de-pressurized, open lid.
- Gently stir in the coconut milk and vanilla. The pudding will continue to thicken as it cools. Feel free to add more coconut milk or cream if needed. Serve warm or cold.
Keywords: rice pudding recipe, creamy rice pudding, easy rice pudding, coconut rice pudding