Homemade Peach Pie (video)
This perfect old-fashioned peach pie has a rich-buttery pie crust and a delicious peach filling.
- Author: Little Sweet Baker
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 55 min
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Yield: 8
- Category: dessert
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
- 3 cups (375g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5g) salt
- 3/4 cup (188ml) melted unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup (125ml) milk (any kind, dairy or non-dairy works)
- 3/4 cup (150g) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (42g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves (or nutmeg if you prefer)
- 5 cups (900g) sliced and peeled peaches (fresh or frozen, if frozen, thaw and drain well)
- Preheat oven to 425F and position rack to lower third of oven.
- In a large bowl, sift the flour twice. Then whisk in the salt and create a little well.
- Pour in the melted butter, then milk and stir everything together.
- Once the dough starts to form, finish working it by gently kneading it on a sheet of wax paper.
- Divide into two parts. Roll the dough out in between 2 sheets of wax paper.
- Fit one of the pastry crust onto a 9″ round pie plate. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, toss together the sugar, flour and spices. Pour the mixture over the peaches and toss to coat. Spoon the peach mixture into the pie crust.
- Place the top crust over the filling. Trim the edges, press and crimp. Cut a few slits for ventilation.
- Bake at 425F for 15 minutes, then reduce the temp to 375F and bake for another 40 minutes or until the crust is golden and filling is bubbling. Cover the edges with foil if it starts to brown too quickly.
Serve with vanilla ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream if desired. Leftovers can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Keywords: peach pie recipe, easy peach pie, fresh peach pie, butter pie crust recipe