This homemade pancake mix makes the tastiest fluffy pancakes in a matter of minutes. All you have to do is add water!
Dry Pancake Mix
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup dry milk powder (see notes*)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
To Make Pancakes
- 1 cup pancake mix
- 3/4 cup water
- butter or oil for greasing
- In a large bowl, whisk together all the ingredients. Transfer the mix to an airtight container. Label and store in a cool dry place for up to 3 months.
- Preheat and lightly grease a griddle or pan over medium-high heat.
- Whisk together 1 cup of dry mix with 3/4 cup water.
- Pour 1/4 cup of batter onto prepared griddle or pan. Let pancakes cook until bubbles form and golden brown on the bottom before flipping. Flip and cook other side until golden brown. Serve hot with syrup. Makes about 5 pancakes.
Tip: Add an egg to the batter for extra flavor, richness, and even fluffier pancakes.
*Milk powder adds richness and flavor to the pancakes but can easily be omitted from the mix and replaced by using milk instead of water when you make the pancakes. You can also use any kind of plant-based milk for a vegan option.
- Category: breakfast
- Method: pan fry
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: homemade pancake mix recipe