This homemade blueberry pie recipe is easy peasy, nothing fancy, just downright good!
- 3 cups (375g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5g) salt
- ¾ cup (188ml) vegetable oil
- ⅓ cup (83ml) milk plus 1–2 tbsp extra if needed (any kind, dairy or non-dairy works)
- 3/4 cup (150g) sugar
- 1/2 cup (62g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp (2.5ml) ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp (1.25ml) ground nutmeg
- 5 cups (700g) fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 425F and position rack to lower third of oven.
- In a large bowl, sift the flour twice. Then whisk in the salt and create a little well.
- Pour in the oil, then milk and stir everything together. If the dough seems too dry, add 1-2 tbsp of milk.
- Once the dough starts to form, finish working it by gently kneading it on a sheet of wax paper.
- Divide into two parts. Roll the dough out in between 2 sheets of wax paper.
- Fit one of the pastry crust onto a 9″ round pie plate. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, toss together the sugar, flour and spices. Sprinkle 1/3 cup of the mixer onto the bottom pie crust. Spoon in the blueberries. Evenly sprinkle the rest of the mixture over the blueberries,
- Place the top crust over the filling. Trim and press the edges together. Cut a few slits for ventilation.
- Bake at 425F for 15 minutes, then reduce the temp to 375F and bake for another 30 minutes or until the crust is golden and filling is bubbling. If the crust turns golden before the filling is done, loosely cover with foil to prevent from over browning. I covered my pie during the last 15 minutes.
Serve warm and/or with some vanilla ice cream.
Leftovers can be stored covered up in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Category: dessert
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: blueberry pie recipe, easy blueberry pie, easy pie crust, flaky pie crust