Healthier Pumpkin Bread (video)
This incredibly moist pumpkin bread is made without any butter or oil. It is soft, not too sweet, and packed with pumpkin flavor and spice.
- Author: Lily Ernst
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 60 min
- Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Yield: 1 - 9x5" loaf
- Category: dessert, breakfast, snack
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
- 1&1/2 cups (190g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5g) baking soda
- 2 tsp (4g) pumpkin spice (or 1tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp nutmeg & 1/2 tsp cloves)
- pinch of salt
- 1&1/2 cups (300g) sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup (123g) Greek yogurt (plain or vanilla)
- 1 cup (243g) canned pure pumpkin
- 1/2 cup (50g) chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F and spray a 9×5″ loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, toss together the flour, baking soda, pumpkin spice and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the sugar, eggs, yogurt and pumpkin.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir until just combined.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared loaf pan and sprinkle with chopped walnuts if desired.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Keywords: low-fat pumpkin bread recipe, easy pumpkin bread, moist pumpkin bread