This is a moist, flavorful, and naturally sweet chocolate banana bread made with whole wheat flour, coconut oil, Greek yogurt, and honey.
- 1 & 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 cup mashed over-ripe bananas (about 2 large)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a 9×5″ glass baking pan.
- In a large bowl, toss together the flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the melted coconut oil with the mashed bananas. Then add the egg, greek yogurt, honey and vanilla, mix well. Slowly add to the dry ingredients and stir together until just combined.
- Spoon into prepared glass baking pan and bake to 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
If using a metal baking pan, I recommend lining it with parchment paper to prevent the edges from over-baking.
- Category: dessert, snack
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chocolate banana bread recipe, healthy chocolate banana bread, whole wheat chocolate banana bread