This moist and delicious banana bread is packed with flavor and goodness. It’s made with whole wheat flour, coconut oil and is dairy-free.
- 1&3/4 cups (180g) whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tsp (5g) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5g) baking soda
- 1 tsp (2g) ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp (3g) sea salt
- 4 tbsp (60ml) melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup (70g) coconut sugar (or lightly packed brown sugar)
- 1&1/2 cups overripe mashed bananas (about 4 medium bananas)
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp (30ml) maple syrup
- 1 tsp (5ml) vanilla extract
- 1&1/2 cups (175g) finely diced apples (about 2 small apples)
- 1 tbsp whole wheat pastry flour
- Preheat oven to 350F and spray a 9×5 glass baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, toss together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir the coconut oil and sugar together. Add the mashed bananas, egg, maple syrup and vanilla. Whisk all together.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Stir until it just comes together.
- In a small bowl, toss the 1 tbsp of flour with the apples to coat. Fold into the batter.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes or until the middle surface springs back when gently pressed.
- Category: breakfast, snack
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: apple banana bread recipe, healthy banana bread, whole wheat banana bread