These delightfully soft and moist muffins are made with whole wheat flour, coconut oil, and sweetened with maple syrup. They are packed with wholesome goodness and full of flavor.
- 2 cups (225g) whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 tsp (10g) baking soda
- 2 tsp (5g) ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup (80ml) melted coconut oil
- 2/3 cup (165ml) pure maple syrup
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup (120g) plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp (5ml) vanilla extract
- 1 cup (125g) grated apples (sweet variety is best)
- 1 cup (95g) grated carrots (about 1 med)
- 1/2 cup (75g) raisins
- Preheat oven to 425F and line a 12 cup muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, toss together the flour, baking soda and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the coconut oil, maple syrup, eggs, yogurt and vanilla.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir until the batter starts to come together.
- Fold in the carrots, apple and raisin until just combined. Spoon the batter into the muffin cups.
- Bake at 425F for 5 minutes, then reduce the temp to 350F and bake for another 15 minutes for until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Muffins can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days or in the fridge for up to 5 days. They can also be stored in the freezer for up to 2 months.
- Category: breakfast, snack
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: apple muffin recipe, healthy apple muffins, whole wheat muffin recipe, breakfast muffin recipe