Loaded with cheesy potatoes and ham in a thick rich and creamy sauce, this casserole is packed with flavor the whole family will love!
- 3 cups peeled and diced potatoes
- 2 cups cubed ham
- 1/2 cup diced peppers
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 375F and grease a 2qt or 9×9″ casserole dish.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss together the potatoes, ham, onions, and peppers with the flour.
- Add in the cheese, chicken soup, and sour cream. Mix everything together. Spoon the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes until bubbly and potatoes are tender.
Leftovers can be covered and stored in the fridge for up to 3 days.
How to make in advance:
Prepare the whole recipe and spoon the mixture into your baking dish. Cover and refrigerate up to a day in advance. Remove from the fridge and preheat the oven. Bake as instructed.
How to freeze:
Uncooked – Transfer the casserole mixture to a freezer-friendly container and store in the freezer for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge and bake as instructed.
Fully baked – Once the casserole is completely cooled, transfer it to a freezer-friendly container and store in the freezer for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge and reheat in the microwave before serving.
- Category: main
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: ham and potato casserole, leftover ham recipe