This soft and super moist citrus flavored bread is studded with bright tart cranberries and topped with a sweet zesty glaze.
- 2 cups (250g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup (240ml) buttermilk
- 1 cup (200g) granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup (80ml) vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp orange or lemon zest
- 1 cup (110g) chopped cranberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup (120g) powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp orange or lemon juice
- 1 tsp orange or lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350F and spray a 9×5″ loaf pan with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, toss together the flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, sugar, oil, egg, vanilla and zest.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Fold in the cranberries and pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Loosely cover with foil if the bread starts to brown too quickly. I cover min after 40 minutes. Cool completely before adding the glaze.
- To prepare the glaze; whisk all the ingredients together until smooth and pour over cooled bread.
Store leftover in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Category: dessert, breakfast, snack
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cranberry bread recipe, orange cranberry bread, glazed cranberry bread