These sparkling ginger snap cookies are crispy on the outside, chewy in the center, and packed with a sweet-spicy flavor. They take only 15 minutes to make and there is no chilling required.
- 2 cups (250g) all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup (200g) granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup (167ml) vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup (63ml) molasses
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup (50g) granulated sugar, for rolling
- Preheat oven to 350F and line 3 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt and spices.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar and vegetable oil until blended. Then whisk in the egg, molasses and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Stir in flour mixture until no dry pockets of flour remains.
- Roll the dough into 1″ balls and coat in sugar. Place about 2″ apart on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for about 8 minutes or just until the edges the edges are lightly browned and set. Be careful not to overbake.
- Let the cookies cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheets, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely. For firmer cookies, let them completely cool on the baking sheet.
Cookies can be stored at room temperature for up to 5 days in an airtight container (to keep them soft) or metal cookie tin (to keep them crispy). They can also be frozen for up to 3 months in an airtight freezer-friendly container or ziplock bag.
- Category: dessert
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: ginger snap cookie recipe, ginger snap cookies