These bakery-style ginger molasses cookies are bold and spicy with a crispy sugary exterior and a chewy center.
- 3/4 cup (142g) vegetable shortening
- 1 cup (220g) packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (62ml) molasses
- 1 large egg
- 2&1/4 cups (282g) all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp (10ml) baking soda
- 1 tsp (5ml) ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp (5ml) ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp (2.5ml) ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp (2.5ml) salt
- 1/4 cup (50g) granulated sugar for rolling
- Preheat oven to 325F and line 3 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat the shortening, brown sugar, molasses, and egg until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and salt. Slowly stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined.
- Using a large cookie scoop or 1/4 dry measuring cup, scoop out rounded cookie doughs and roll them in the granulated sugar.
- Place the cookie balls onto the prepared baking sheets about 3″ apart and flatten slightly.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until cookies are puffed, cracked, and just set around edges.
- Let cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes before transferring to cooling racks.
- Category: dessert, snack
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: ginger molasses cookie recipe, Starbucks ginger molasses cookie, bakery style molasses cookies