This fragrant spiced applesauce bread is loaded with yummy fruits and nuts.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup dried fruit (I used a mixture of raisins, blueberries, and cherries)
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (I used pecans)
- Preheat oven to 325F and butter a 9×5″ baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and salt.
- Cream together the butter and brown sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer. Combine the eggs into the mixture, then stir in the applesauce. Gradually add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Stir in the dried fruits and nuts.
- Spoon into the prepared loaf pan and bake for about 1 hour and 10 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Category: dessert, breakfast, snack
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: applesauce bread recipe, cinnamon applesauce bread, easy applesauce recipe