These sweet and savory scones are tender and buttery with the taste of creamy Feta cheese and fresh blueberry goodness baked in.
- 2 cups (250g) all-purpose flour, plus more for work surface and kneading
- 3 tbsp (38g) granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp (15ml) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5ml) salt
- 1/2 cup (114g) unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 cup (148g) blueberries
- 1 cup (135g) Tre Stelle Feta Crumbled
- 2/3 cup (167ml) buttermilk, plus more for brushing on top of scones
- 1 large egg
- In a large bowl, toss together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Cut in the butter with a pastry cutter or fork until it resembles coarse meal. Stir in the blueberries and Feta cheese. Set aside.
- In a measuring cup, whisk together the buttermilk and egg.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry mixture and gently stir with a rubber spatula until all is moistened.
- Scrape the dough onto a generously floured work surface. With floured hands, turn to coat all surfaces with flour. Gently knead 3-4 times to work the dough into a ball. Then pat out into an 8″ circle.
- Cut into 8 wedges and place 2″ apart onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Chill uncovered in the fridge for 20 minutes while you preheat your oven to 400F.
- Brush the tops of the scones with more buttermilk and bake for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.
The scones are best enjoyed the day of.
Leftovers can be stored wrapped up in the fridge for up to 3 days.
To re-heat, place on a baking sheet, lightly tent with foil, and warm for 10 minutes at 350F.
- Category: breakfast, snack
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: blueberry scone recipe, blueberry breakfast scones, savory scone recipe