This easy zucchini bread recipe is moist, flavorful and perfect, just like the way mom used to make it.
- 1 & 3/4 cups (220g) all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup (125ml) vegetable oil
- 1 cup (200g) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 medium (about 2 cups) grated zucchini (do not peel or drain the excess moisture)
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a 9×5″ loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, toss together the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the oil, sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Stir in the grated zucchini.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients. Stir until just combined. Spoon batter into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Zucchini bread can be placed in an airtight container or tightly wrapped in saran wrap and stored at room temperature for 2-3 days or in the fridge for up to 5 days.
How to freeze:
Once completely cooled, double wrap in plastic wrap or aluminum foil and store in the freezer for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight on the counter to bring to room temperature before serving.
Feel free to add in a cup of chocolate chips, chopped nuts, dried fruit or berries if you wish. My favorite mix-ins are semi-sweet chocolate chips, walnuts, and blueberries.
- Flour – The all-purpose flour can be substituted with whole wheat flour or half whole wheat and half AP flour. You can also use self-rising flour. Just omit the salt and decrease the baking soda to 1/4 teaspoon.
- Vegetable oil – Can be swapped with melted unsalted butter, avocado oil, EV olive oil or any kind of plant-derived oil like canola or safflower oil.
- Sugar – You can substitute all or half with brown sugar, coconut sugar or maple sugar (not syrup).
- Spice – Feel free to replace some of the cinnamon with nutmeg, cloves or any combination of spices you like.
- Category: breakfast, snack
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: zucchini bread, zucchini recipe