This easy pecan pie is crunchy, nutty, and perfectly sweet and gooey.
- 1 cup (200g) sugar
- 2 tbsp (30ml) melted butter
- 1 cup (250ml) light or dark corn syrup
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp (10ml) vanilla extract
- 1&1/2 cups (170g) pecans (chopped or halves)
- 1 single refrigerated pie crust
- Preheat oven to 350F and arrange a rack in the lower third of the oven. Butter a 9″ pie plate and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar, melted butter, corn syrup, eggs, and vanilla. Stir in the pecans to coat.
- Fit the crust into the prepared pie plate and crimp the edges. Pour the pecan mixture into the pie shell and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350F for 50-60 minutes or until the filling is puffed up and the center is almost set. Loosely cover the pie with foil after 40 minutes to prevent the crust from over browning. Let cool on a wire rack for 2 hours before serving.