This easy homemade quiche is made with a simple flaky pie crust and filled with a velvety egg custard, smoky bacon, broccoli florets, sweet onions, and creamy cheddar cheese.
- 1&1/2 cups (188g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp (2.5g) salt
- 3/8 cup (95ml) vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp + 2 tsp (40ml) milk
- 1 cup cooked broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup cooked bacon, chopped
- 1/2 cup cooked diced sweet onions
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 large eggs
- 1&1/3 cups (330ml) milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375F
- Sift the flour twice, then whisk in the salt and create a little well.
- Pour in the oil, then milk and stir everything together.
- Once the dough starts to form, finish working it by gently kneading it on a sheet of wax paper.
- Roll the dough out in between 2 sheets of wax paper to about 11 inches in diameter.
- Remove the top sheet of wax paper. Use the bottom sheet to lift and place the crust onto your 9-inch baking pan.
- Add in the broccoli, bacon and onions. Sprinkle in the cheese, salt and pepper.
- Whisk the milk and eggs together and pour over the top.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until a thin knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 15 minutes before serving.
- Category: breakfast, lunch
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: French
Keywords: easy quiche recipe, basic quiche recipe, breakfast quiche recipe