This chicken pot pie is made with a flaky pie crust filled with a creamy sauce that is loaded with chicken, potatoes and vegetables. This recipe offers the convenience of using store-bought pie crust and canned cream of chicken soup, so it’s comfort food made easy.
- double pie crust, refrigerated store-bought kind
- 3 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- 3 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 2 cups potatoes, cooked and diced
- 2 cans condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tbsp milk (for brushing top of pie crust)
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a large bowl, mix together all the filling ingredients.
- Line a 9″ deep dish pie plate with a pie crust. Spoon the filling into the plate.
- Top with second pie crust. Seal and crimp the edges together. Brush the top crust with milk and cut a few slits for ventilation.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes or until the top is golden and center is bubbling.
To make in advance: prepare the filling up to a day prior. Then preheat oven, assemble, and bake about an hour before the desired serving time.
To freeze an unbaked pie: assemble everything together (skip brushing the top pie crust with milk) and place in the freezer. Once frozen, wrap tightly in saran wrap and place in a large ziplock bag. Label the ziplock bag with the date and place back in freezer for up to 3 months. When ready to bake, brush the top with milk, and bake for 15-20 minutes longer until the filling is bubbling. If the crust starts to brown too much before the center is cooked, loosely cover with foil.
To freeze a fully cooked pot pie: let the pie cool completely and follow the same instructions as above. To reheat; bake for 30-35 minutes until the filling is bubbling.
- Category: dinner, lunch
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chicken pot pie recipe, easy chicken pot pie