This easy version of an old-fashioned bread pudding is made with cinnamon raisin bread baked in a silky custard that’s lightly scented with vanilla.
- 1 loaf (roughly 600g) stale cinnamon raisin bread, cubed and omit the end pieces
- 3 cups (750ml) whole milk
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup (50g) granulated sugar
- 2 tsp (10ml) vanilla extract
- Place the bread cubes in a buttered 9×13″ baking dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the rest of the ingredients. Slowly and evenly pour over top of the bread. Using a rubber spatula, gently press down on the bread so all of it gets soaked into the egg mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Uncover the bread pudding and bake for about 45 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool briefly before serving.
Leftovers can be covered and stored in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Category: breakfast, dessert
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: bread pudding recipe, easy bread pudding, cinnamon raisin bread pudding