A light and fluffy chocolate cake filled with a tangy whipped cream filling and juicy black cherries, topped with more whipped cream and chocolate sprinkles.
- 1 pkg of chocolate cake mix (I used devils food chocolate)
- 1 can of pitted black cherries (drained well)
- 1–250 gram pkg of cream cheese
- 1–473ml cartoon of whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 & 1/2 tsp vanilla
- chocolate sprinkles or curls (optional)
- Bake cake as instructed for two 8 inch or 9 inch rounds. Let cool completely.
- Using an electric mixer, blend the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Slowly add half the whipping cream and whip for a minute or so until it just starts to thicken. Add the rest of the whipping cream and continue to whip until stiff peaks form.
- Spread about one quarter of the whipped cream on one of the cakes. Spoon the cherries on top and spread another quarter of the whipped cream on top of the cherries. Layer the second cake on and top with the remaining whipped cream. Decorate with chocolate sprinkle or curls if desired.
- Category: dessert
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: black forest cake recipe, easy black forest cake, whipped cream frosting