This quick and easy apple crisp is filled with tender baked apple slices and topped with a crunchy brown sugar oat streusel.
- 5 cups (580g) sliced and peeled apples (about 4–5 medium apples)
- 2–4 tbsp granulated sugar (depending on how sweet your apples are)
- 1 tsp (5ml) ground cinnamon
- ¾ cups (70g) rolled oats
- ¾ cups (94 g) all-purpose flour
- ½ cup (75g) brown sugar, lightly packed
- ⅓ cup (76g) unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a 9″ square or round baking dish, toss together all the filling ingredients.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the oats, flour and brown sugar. Add in the melted butter and stir until all is moistened. Sprinkle the streusel evenly over the filling.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until the apples are tender and bubbling.
Leftovers can be covered with foil or plastic wrap and stored in the fridge for up to 3-4 days.
Make-ahead instructions: You can prepare the filling and topping separately, up to a day in advance, store it in the fridge, then assemble and bake before you want to serve it. You can bake it in the morning and serve it in the evening. You can also bake it and store it in the fridge up to a day in advance and just warm it up before serving.
Freezing instructions: Let the crisp cool completely, then cover it with a double layer of foil. Store it in the freezer for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge, then warm in a 350F oven for 20-25 minutes or until heated through.
- Category: dessert
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: apple crumble recipe, apple crisp recipe, easy apple crisp, easy apple crumble