This croissant bread pudding is a perfect breakfast treat. It’s warm, rich and buttery with a soft-silky texture.
- 5–6 croissants, cut into 1″ cubes (enough to fill your 2.5 qt baking dish)
- 2 cups (500ml) milk
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup berries (I used raspberries)
- 1/4 cup nuts (I used sliced almonds)
- powdered sugar to dusting
- Layer half of the croissants into a 2.5 qt baking dish. Sprinkle in half of your fresh berries. Layer the rest of the croissants on top.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, sugar, vanilla, almond extract and salt. Pour the mixture over the croissants. To make sure all the pieces get moistened, tilt the baking dish all around, and gently press them into the liquid.
- Top with the rest of your berries and sprinkle the nuts on top if using. Let stand for 15 minutes (or cover and place in fridge if making ahead) while your oven preheats to 350F.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes or until a thin knife inserted into the center comes out clean. The center should be set and puffed up when done. Let stand for 15 minutes before serving. Dust with powdered sugar if desired.
Leftovers can be covered and stored in the fridge for up to 3 days.
To make ahead – Fully assemble the bread pudding. Then cover and store in the fridge until ready to bake. When ready to bake: remove from fridge, uncover, and bake as instructed.
- Category: breakfast, snack
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: croissant bread pudding recipe, croissant bread and butter pudding, croissant pudding