Sweet Buttermilk Cornbread
This moist, fluffy and tender cornbread is a perfect addition to any meal.
- Author: Little Sweet Baker
- Prep Time: 8 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total Time: 28 minutes
- Yield: 9
- Category: side dish
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
- 1 cup (150g) cornmeal
- 1 cup (125g) all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup (50g) granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ⅓ cup (83ml) vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (250ml) buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 400F and grease an 8×8″ pan.
- In a large bowl, toss together the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Add the oil, egg and buttermilk. Whisk all together. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
This recipe can be doubled for a 9×13″ pan. Bake at 375F for 30-35 minutes.
Keywords: cornbread recipe, easy cornbread, buttermilk cornbread, sweet cornbread recipe