This creamy corn casserole is filled with naturally sweet corn, cheese and jalapenos, all baked in a silky custard. It’s made from scratch with no cornbread mix.
- 1 cup (250ml) milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 – 16oz pkg frozen corn, thawed and drained
- 3oz (about 1 cup) shredded cheese of choice (I used cheddar, crumbled Feta works too)
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, diced very small
- Preheat oven to 350F. Butter or spray an 8×8″ baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the milk, eggs, sugar and salt. While whisking vigorously, slowly add in the flour.
- Stir in the corn, cheese and jalapeno pepper. Pour into prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes or until set. Serve warm.
You can double this recipe for a 9×13 dish. Bake for about 1 hr and 30 min. Tent with foil if needed to prevent overbrowning.
- Category: side
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: creamy corn casserole, corn casserole without Jiffy, corn pudding