These luxurious chocolate truffles are rich, velvety-smooth, and supremely chocolaty. Made with just 4 ingredients, they taste like heaven, and are super easy to make and decorate however you please!
- 8 oz good quality semi-sweet or dark chocolate (*see notes below)
- 1/2 cup (125ml) whipping cream or heavy cream
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- about 1/2 cup sprinkles and/or sparkling sugar for coating
- Finely chop the chocolate and transfer it to a microwave-safe bowl. Pour the cream over the top. Melt in the microwave at 50% power for 30 seconds at a time, stirring in between until completely melted and smooth.
- Stir in the vanilla extract. Cover and chill in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Scoop the ganache using a small truffle scoop, melon scoop, or teaspoon. Place on wax paper and put back in the fridge UNCOVERED for 30 minutes. This will dry out the outer surface and make it much easier and less messy to roll.
- Quickly roll the ganache in the palm of your hands into round balls and coat in sprinkles. Let stand for 30 minutes and serve.
*Good-quality baking chocolate or chocolate bars are best. Do not use chocolate chips.
Homemade truffles can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days or 2 weeks in the fridge. They can also be frozen for up to 3 months. Best served at room temperature.
Keywords: chocolate truffle recipe