This pie combines crunchy pecans with the intense flavor of dark chocolate in a sweet-gooey filling.
- 2 cups (250g) all-purpose flour, twice sifted
- ½ tsp (2.5g) salt
- ½ cup (125ml) vegetable oil
- ¼ cup (62ml) milk
- 1 cup (200g) sugar
- 2 tbsp (30ml) melted butter
- 1 cup (250ml) light or dark corn syrup
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup (63ml) bourbon (or 2 tsp vanilla extract)
- 1&1/2 cups (170g) pecans (chopped or halves)
- 1/2 cup (90g) dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325F and set aside a 9″ pie plate.
- Sift the flour twice, then whisk in the salt and create a well in the center.
- Pour in the oil, then milk and stir everything together. If the dough seems too dry, add 1-2 tbsp of milk.
- Once the dough starts to form, finish working it by gently kneading it on a sheet of wax paper.
- Roll out between 2 sheets of wax paper. Fit the crust onto your pie plate and crimp the edges.
- Whisk together the sugar, butter, corn syrup, eggs and bourbon. Stir in the pecan to coat and pour into pie crust. Sprinkle the filling evenly with chocolate chips.
- Place the pie on a baking sheet. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until the crust is golden and filling is puffed. Let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Category: dessert
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chocolate pecan pie recipe, easy pecan pie, bourbon pecan pie