Chocolate Mocha Cheesecake
This is a smooth, and creamy chocolate cheesecake with a kick of coffee flavor. It’s like a fancy mochaccino topped with whipped cream in the form of a cheesecake!
- Author: Lily Ernst
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Total Time: 8
- Yield: 8-10
- Category: dessert
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
- 1 & ¼ cup chocolate Oreo cookie baking crumbs
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- 750 grams Philadelphia Chocolate Cream Cheese, softened (see notes for alternative)
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 tbsp instant coffee (dissolved in 2 tbsp of boiling hot water)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- cocoa powder for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Toss the cookie crumbs with the melted butter and press onto the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Using a handheld mixer, beat the cream cheese and sugar together. Add the instant coffee and blend. Then add the eggs, one at a time and mix until just combined. After adding the last egg, blend until smooth.
- Pour over crust and bake for 40 minutes or until the edges looks dull and there is 2-3 inches of the center that is still wobbly. Remove from the oven and run a thin knife around the edges to loosen cake. Cool before removing the rim. Refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Whip the heavy cream with the sugar and vanilla until soft peaks form. Spread on top of chilled cheesecake and dust with cocoa powder before serving.
You can substitute the chocolate cream cheese with regular cream cheese and 6 oz of melted semi-sweet chocolate. Add the chocolate at the same time as you mix in the coffee.
Keywords: Chocolate cheesecake recipe, chocolate coffee cheesecake, chocolate mocha cheesecake