Chocolate Dipped Rice Krispies Treats
These are the original Rice Krispies treats we all know and love. They are made extra special dipped in chocolate.
- Author: Little Sweet Baker
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Total Time: 30 min
- Yield: makes 24 squares
- Category: dessert
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- 3 tbsp (43g) butter
- 4 cups (283g) mini marshmallows
- 6 cups (180g) rice krispies cereal
- 1 pkg (270g-300g) semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips
- sprinkles for decorating
- Line and butter a 9×13″ pan with wax paper. Set aside.
- In a large pot, melt the butter over low heat. Add the marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Stir in the cereal until well coated. Using a buttered spatula, evenly press the mixture onto the prepared pan. Let cool and cut into 2×2″ squares.
- Melt the chocolate over a double boiler. Dip each square into the melted chocolate. Smooth the surface if needed and top with sprinkles. Let stand until the chocolate hardens and enjoy.
Keywords: chocolate dipped rice krispie treats, chocolate rice krispie squares