These chocolate crinkle cookies are rich and fudgy, like a brownie bite rolled in powdered sugar.
- 1 cup (120 g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups (400 g) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (120 mL) vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp(10 mL) vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) salt
- 2 tsp (10 mL) baking powder
- 2 cups (240 g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (50 g) powdered sugar
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with paddle attachment, beat the cocoa, granulated sugar and oil on medium speed.
- Reduce the speed to low and add 1 egg at a time until combined. Mix in the remaining ingredients in the order listed, except for the powdered sugar.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for 4 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place the powdered sugar in a small bowl. Using a cookie scoop or tablespoon, drop the dough into the powdered sugar, coat it well, then roll it in your hands. Place on prepared baking sheet about 2″ apart.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Allow the cookies to rest on the baking sheet for a minute before transferring to cooling rack.
- Category: dessert, snack
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chocolate crinkle cookie recipe, easy chocolate crinkle cookies, brownie cookies, Christmas cookie recipe