These easy chocolate chip cookie bars are super chewy, loaded with chocolate chips, and only takes 10 minutes to prepare.
- 2 cups (250g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup (170g) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups (300g) lightly packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups (340g) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line and butter a 9×13″ baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, toss together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the melted butter and brown sugar until smooth and glossy. Then whisk in the eggs and vanilla. Stir in the flour mixture until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Transfer the dough into the prepared baking pan and spread out evenly.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let stand for 1-2 hours until relatively cool before cutting into squares.
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
To freeze – Once completely cooled, place the bars in a freezer-friendly container or ziplock bag and store in the freezer for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge and bring to room temperature before serving.
- Category: dessert
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chocolate chip cookie bar recipe, easy chocolate chip cookie bars, chewy chocolate chip cookie bars, chocolate chip blondies