Chocolate Chip Brownies
These brownies are thick and chewy, intensely fudgy, and packed with chocolate chips.
- Author: Lily Ernst
- Prep Time: 25 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 9-12
- Category: dessert
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup (40g) dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup (114g) unsalted butter
- 1 cup (200g) granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup (95g) all-purpose flour
- 1 & 1/2 cups (265g) semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, cocoa powder, salt, baking powder, and vanilla. Set aside.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, combine the butter and sugar. Heat in the microwave for 30 seconds at a time until the butter is melted.
- Stir and continue heating just until the butter starts to foam. You don’t want to bring it to a boil, just heated through to melt some of the sugar which will help create that top shiny crust on top of the brownies. This should take about 1.5 -2 minutes total for the butter to melt and start to foam.
- Add the hot butter mixture to the cocoa mixture. Whisk until smooth. Stir in the flour, and then stir in 1/2 cup of chocolate chips until melted. Let cool for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat your oven to 350F. Butter and line an 8×8″ baking pan with parchment paper.
- Once the batter has cooled, stir in the rest of the chocolate chips and spoon the batter into the prepared baking pan. Spread the batter out evenly in the pan.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with a few moist crumbs. The edges should be set, but the center should still look moist. Let cool before cutting into squares.
Keywords: chocolate chip brownies, double chocolate brownies, fudge brownies