This scrumptious chocolate chip banana bread is tender, fragrant, and loaded with chocolate chips. It’s incredibly easy to make and stays soft and moist for days!
- 2 cups (250g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (100g) granulated sugar
- 1 tsp (5ml) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2.5ml) salt
- 1 cup (175g) chocolate chips plus more for topping
- 1/2 cup (125ml) vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup overripe mashed bananas (about 3 medium)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp (5ml) vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325F and grease a 9×5″ loaf pan
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt. Toss in the chocolate chips.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the oil, eggs, mashed bananas, sour cream, and vanilla extract.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir together until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Top with more chocolate chips.
- Bake for about 1 hour or until the top-middle of the bread feels firm and springs back when lightly pressed
Leftovers can be tightly wrapped in saran wrap or placed in an airtight container and stored at room temperature for up to 5 days.
To freeze – Tightly double wrap in saran wrap and place in a large freezer ziplock bag. Label and date and store in the freezer for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight on the counter before serving.
- Category: dessert, snack
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chocolate chip banana bread recipe, best chocolate chip banana bread, easy chocolate chip banana bread