Vanilla Bean Sugar Cookies
These soft and chewy sugar cookies are made extra special with the lovely taste of natural vanilla beans.
- Author: Little Sweet Baker
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 2 & 1/2 dozen
- Category: dessert, snack
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
- 1 cup (227g) unsalted butter, softened
- 1&1/4 cups (250g) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2¼ cups (282g) all-purpose flour
- ½ (2.5ml) teaspoon baking powder
- ½ (2.5ml) teaspoon salt
- 1 vanilla bean
- ¼ cup (50g) granulated sugar for rolling cookies
- Preheat oven to 325F and line 3 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Cream together butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Mix in the egg and vanilla bean seeds until well combined.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Stir the flour mixture into the butter mixture until just combined.
- Using a medium cookie scoop or tablespoon, roll out rounded cookie dough and coat in granulated sugar.
- Place each cookie dough about 2 inches apart and flatten slightly if needed. See notes below
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the edges just start to brown.
Depending on the temperature of your kitchen, you might or might not need to flatten the rounded cookie doughs. I recommend doing a test batch of just 2 cookie doughs, one rounded and one slightly flattened to see which one gives a better result for you.
Keywords: vanilla sugar cookie recipe, soft sugar cookies, easy sugar cookie