These easy no-bake homemade granola bars will have you and your kids absolutely delighted. They tastes so much better than the store-bought kind and are made with simple ingredients.
- 1/3 cup (67g) brown sugar
- ¼ cup (60ml) honey
- 4 tbsp (57g) unsalted butter
- 2 cups (180g) quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup (30g) crispy rice cereal
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3–4 tbsp mini chocolate chips
- Line an 8×8″ baking pan with aluminum foil and lightly grease with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the quick oats and rice cereal. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter, brown sugar, and honey over medium-high on the stovetop until it begins to bubble. Reduce the heat to low and cook for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Pour the syrup over the dry mixture. Stir together until everything is moistened. Spoon the mixture into the prepared pan. Press down firmly to tightly compact the ingredients.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips and lightly press the chocolate chip so they stick to the granola.
- Let cool for 2 hours or until the chocolate chips are set before cutting into bars using a sharp knife. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days or individually wrap in plastic wrap.
- Category: snack
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: homemade granola bars, chewy granola bars, chocolate chip granola bars