These carrot cake cookies are soft and tender, perfectly spiced, and topped with a heavenly cream cheese frosting. They taste like your favorite carrot cake but in an easy-to-serve and easy-to-make cookie!
- 1/2 cup (114g) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup (100g) lightly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (50g) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 & 1/4 cups (156g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup grated carrots (about 1 large)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut (chopped walnuts/pecans, raisins, or a combination of any 2 up to 1 cup works too)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 package (4 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- chocolate mini eggs, sprinkles or finely chopped nuts for topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or non-stick silicone mats.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar. Mix in the egg and vanilla extract.
- Add in the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Stir until almost combined.
- Fold in the grated carrots and shredded coconut until mixed in evenly.
- Using a medium cookie scoop or tablespoon, drop rounded cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake at 350F for 10-12 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- To make the frosting: Beat the powdered sugar, butter, cream cheese, and vanilla until smooth and creamy. Spread about 2 teaspoons on top of each cookie and top as desired.
How to store:
Place the cookies in an airtight container and store them in the fridge for up to 5 days. If you need to stack the cookies, chill each layer until the surface of the frosting is smooth then place a sheet of wax paper in between each layer to prevent the cookies from sticking.
How to freeze:
Place the cookies on a baking sheet and place them in the freezer until frozen solid. Transfer the frozen cookies to a freezer-friendly container and lay a sheet of wax paper in between each layer. Store in the freezer for up to 3 months. When ready to serve, place the cookies on a plate uncovered and thaw on the counter for one hour.
- Category: dessert
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: carrot cake cookie recipe, carrot cake cookies, cream cheese frosting