The rich sweet caramel aroma of the bourbon with the subtle smoky salty flavor from the bacon take your everyday chocolate chip cookies from ordinary to extraordinary.
- 1/2 cup (114g) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup (200g) lightly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (100g) white sugar
- 1 large whole egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/4 cup (62ml) bourbon
- 2&1/4 cups (275g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp (2.5ml) baking soda
- 2 cups (350g) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 8 slices of bacon, cooked crisp and finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 325F and line 3 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar together.
- Add in the egg, egg yolk and bourbon. Whisk again until smooth.
- Add the flour and sprinkle the baking soda over the flour. Stir the wet and dry ingredients together until just combined.Fold in chocolate chips and bacon.
- Using a medium cookie scoop or tablespoon, drop rounded cookie doughs onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until edges are lightly brown.
- Category: dessert
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: bacon chocolate chip cookies, bourbon chocolate chip cookies