Bourbon Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies
The rich sweet caramel aroma of the bourbon with the subtle smoky salty flavor from the bacon takes your everyday chocolate chip cookies from ordinary to extraordinary.
- Author: Little Sweet Baker
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 2 & 1/2 dozen
- Category: dessert
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
- 1/2 cup (114g) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup (200g) lightly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (100g) white sugar
- 1 large whole egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/4 cup (62ml) bourbon
- 2&1/4 cups (275g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp (2.5ml) baking soda
- 2 cups (350g) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 8 slices of bacon, cooked crisp and finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 325F and line 2-3 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar together.
- Add in the egg, egg yolk and bourbon. Whisk again until smooth.
- Add the flour and sprinkle the baking soda over the flour. Stir the wet and dry ingredients together until just combined.Fold in chocolate chips and bacon.
- Using a medium cookie scoop or tablespoon, drop rounded cookie doughs onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until edges are lightly brown.
Keywords: bacon chocolate chip cookies, bourbon chocolate chip cookies