Blueberry Buttermilk Muffins
A soft and fragrant buttermilk muffin, full of juicy blueberries and vanilla flavor. This is a quick and easy go-to recipe for whenever you feel like homemade muffins.
- Author: Lily Ernst
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 12
- Category: breakfast, snack
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 4 tbsp melted unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup buttermilk (you can substitute with whole milk or make your own buttermilk by adding 1 tbsp of white vinegar to a liquid measuring cup and fill with 1% milk or higher to make one cup, let stand for 5 minutes)
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 tbsp sparkling sugar, optional
- Preheat oven to 425°F and spray a 12 cup muffin tin with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, toss together the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the melted butter, sugar, honey and egg. Add the buttermilk and vanilla, whisk again until blended.
- Toss the blueberries into the dry mixture, then add the wet ingredient into the dry and gently stir until just combined.
- Divide the batter into the 12 muffin cups and sprinkle with sparkling sugar. Bake at 425°F for 5 minutes, then reduce oven heat to 375°F and bake for another 13-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
Muffins can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days.
Keywords: blueberry buttermilk muffin recipe, easy blueberry buttermilk recipe, low-fat blueberry muffins