Best Ever Banana Bread
This is the easiest and most delicious banana bread you’ll ever make! It’s moist, loaded with banana flavor, and only takes 10 minutes to prepare.
- Author: Lily Ernst
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 60 min
- Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Yield: 1 - 9x5" loaf
- Category: breakfast, snack
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
- 1 & 3/4 (220g) cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (200g) granulated sugar
- 1 tsp (5ml) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2.5ml) salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 & 1/2 cups (355g) overripe mashed bananas (about 4 medium)
- 1/2 cup (125ml) vegetable oil
- 1 tsp (5ml) vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325F and grease a 9×5″ loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, mix together the eggs, mashed bananas, oil, and vanilla. Add to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for about 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Leftovers can be tightly wrapped or stored in an airtight container for up to 3-5 days at room temperature.
Banana bread freezes really well. Tightly double wrap in saran wrap and place in a large freezer ziplock bag. Label and date and store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- The riper the banana the better. Overripe bananas are ideal for banana bread because they are sweeter and more flavorful. Let your bananas ripen until they’re more brown than yellow. Here’s a post on How to Quickly Ripen Bananas if the bananas sitting on your counter are still too firm to bake with.
- Use a fork to mash. I find using a fork is the best way to mash bananas for banana bread. The consistency when using a fork is nice and thick and there are some small chunks that remain which gives the bread a nice texture.
- Baking at a lower temperature. This recipe calls for baking at 325F instead of the usual 350F which allows the center to cook through without the exterior being overdone.
Keywords: best banana bread, easy banana bread, taste of home banana bread, banana bread with oil